KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama) – Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said yesterday Malaysia will not sit back and relax until justice is finally served for the victims of the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH17 tragedy.
“Today, we received (the remains of) another three Malaysian victims of MH17. I share their pain and we shall not rest until justice is served,” he said on his Twitter account.
The remains of three more victims of the tragedy, two of them siblings, were brought home yesterday and accorded honours at the Bunga Raya Complex of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) in Sepang. Flight MH17 was shot down over eastern Ukraine on July 17 as it was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with 283 passengers and 15 crew on board.
The remains of 41 (26 passengers and 15 crew) of the 43 Malaysians on board have been identified, and the remains of 36 of them have been brought home from the Netherlands.
The remains recovered in Ukraine had been taken to the Netherlands as Dutch nationals comprised the biggest number of the passengers on board.
Besides the Malaysians and the Dutch, nationals from Australia, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, the Philippines, Canada and New Zealand were among the 298 people who had been on board.