MIRI (Bernama) – The number of MH17 crash victim remains to be brought home on Thursday (Sept 18) may increase to three, said Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Rohani Abdul Karim.
Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai announced on Sept 14 that the remains of four more Malaysians had been identified.
Two of them, Muhammad Afzal Tambi, 17, and Marsha Azmeena Tambi,15, had been approved for repatriation by Dutch authorities.
“Remains of the third Malaysian, crew member Shaikh Mohd Noor Mahmood, 44, are awaiting approval from Dutch authorities.
“The remains of another Malaysian identified as Liew Yau Chee, 38, are undergoing documentation process,” she told the media when met at the Senior Citizen Activity Centre yesterday.
Meanwhile, MAS is currently contacting the next-of-kins as they are in the process of identifying the victims’ personal belongings.
In a related development, Rohani said she would be meeting 10 next-of-kins of MH17 crash victims at her office tomorrow to discuss the welfare assistance to be offered to support them in their future plans.