LABUAN (Bernama) – Despite her teenage grandson’s desperate efforts to rescue her, a paralysis-stricken septuagenarian met a fiery end as a raging fire engulfed the victim’s home in Kampung Gersik Saguking yesterday.
In the end, the 17-year-old grandson could only mourn the loss of his beloved grandmother as a team of firemen found her charred remains in the living room of the house.
Aminah Abdul Rahman, 77, was believed to have been trapped in the room where she succumbed to smoke inhalation before her body was engulfed in flames in the incident.
Her remains were sent to the Labuan Hospital.
The blaze which occurred at 9.39am, rendered three families homeless.