KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama) – The family of Tong Kwong Yie, 36, who was killed in the hand grenade explosion on Thursday is expected to claim his remains at Kuala Lumpur Hospital (KLH).
The incident in which 12 others were injured, happened in front of a nightclub at Sun Complex in Bukit Bintang.
Family members of the deceased, a car jockey, were seen waiting at the hospital’s National Institute of Forensic Medicine; Bernama noted that they had been there since 10am.
The post mortem is expected to be completed but the deceased’s next of kin declined to speak to the press.
The media were not allowed to enter the mortuary premises and told to wait outside the vicinity.
Kuala Lumpur CID chief SAC Gan Kong Meng said police had not made any arrest or identified any suspects.
“Police are conducting a thorough investigation,” he told Bernama when contacted.
Meanwhile, a KLH spokesman said four other victims comprising a local and three foreigners who were warded at the hospital yesterday have been discharged and treated as outpatients.
The rest of the victims in the incident, believed to be linked to secret societies involved in a turf war, were sent to Tung Shin Hospital.