PUTRAJAYA (Bernama) – The MH370 communication and family support centre set up in Beijing, China, for families and relatives of passengers is still operating although the flight has been missing since March 8 last year.
Deputy Minister of Women, Family and Community Development Datin Chew Mei Fun said a website had also been set up to channel information to families of the Chinese passengers.
“I am not a spokesman on this issue (MH370) and play only a supporting role,” said Chew, who is also Malaysia’s special officer to China to handle MH370 families and relatives of passengers when asked about update on MH370.
“There is nothing new,” she said declining to comment further on the case.
MH370 with 12 crew members and 227 passengers disappeared from radar screen during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, about an hour after taking off from KL International Airport on March 8, 2014. The Boeing 777 aircraft was scheduled to arrive in Beijing at 6.30 am on the same day.