| Zee Yusri |
THE OKKY Jewellery Sdn Bhd signboard on the Sim Kim Huat (SKH) Kiulap building caught fire yesterday evening.
Smoke spread to some parts of the supermarket and shoppers had to evacuate the building.
Azami, an official from the BSB Fire and Rescue Department, said that they received a distress at 6.10pm.
He said the fire was partly doused by SKH workers when they arrived at the scene 10 minutes later with one fire engine and six firefighters.
Azami added that the cause of the fire was the faulty neon lights and crystallites used on the signboard.
There was no casualty.
The owner of OKKY Jewellery, who wished to be known as Lee, was grateful that no one was hurt.