THE 44-year-old singer, Jason Orange, has revealed that he informed his bandmates – Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen – of his decision last week and they are now planning to continue as a trio.
In a lengthy statement on the group’s official website last Wednesday, Jason said, “I want to start by saying how proud I am of what we have achieved together over the years.
“However, at a band meeting last week I confirmed to Mark, Gary and Howard that I do not wish to commit to recording and promoting a new album.”
He added, “At the start of this year and with my full knowledge and blessing the guys began writing new material.
“There have been no fallings out, only a decision on my part that I no longer wish to do this.”
The ‘Patience’ hitmaker added, “I know how much Mark, Gary and Howard enjoy writing and making music, and they know that they have my full support and encouragement to continue on with what is to be another chapter for the band. Thank you.”
The remaining members admitted they are devastated by Jason’s departure.
In a joint statement, Howard, Gary and Mark said, “This is a sad day for us. Jason leaving is a huge loss both professionally and even more so personally.
“This has not been the case and we now have to accept and fully respect his decision which we know hasn’t been an easy one. Jason’s energy and belief in what this band could achieve has made it what it is today, and we’ll forever be grateful for his enthusiasm, dedication and inspiration over the years.”
Former member Robbie Williams left the group in 1995. – BANG!