Body found in cement block may not be case of murder
| James Kon |
THE Royal Brunei Police Force (RBPF) has confirmed that they have a suspect in connection with last month’s case of the mysterious death of a Malaysian woman.
The police are awaiting the completion of the investigation before forwarding the case to the Attorney General’s Chambers for the right charges.
The case of the death of Voon Su Ching, a 39-year-old Malaysian Chinese who was allegedly buried in a layer of cement on the ground of a private house in Kg Salambigar, was mentioned by senior officials of the Criminal Investigation Department of the RBPF during a press conference yesterday.
When asked about the suspect, the senior officials said: “The local man is currently released on bail.”
Since the case has yet to be brought to court, further details of the suspect were not revealed to the public.
When asked how the case was being categorised as, the police said: “The investigation was initially for murder. However, after further investigation was done, there is a possibility that it may not be the case. Further details will be revealed when the case is brought to the court.”
Voon Su Ching was reported missing by her husband after she went out at 11am and didn’t return home on February 13. Her body was found in the compound of a home in Kg Salambigar under freshly layered cement on February 18.