Parker, Green shoot Spurs past T-Wolves for 11th straight win
LOS ANGELES (dpa) – Frenchman Tony Parker had 31 points with eight assists, while Danny Green hit eight threes en route to a career-high 28 points and the streaking San Antonio Spurs won their 11th straight game, 104-94 over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night.
Parker … 31 points. AP
Kawhi Leonard collected 19 points with 10 boards for the league-best Spurs (39-11), who opened their nine-game Rodeo road trip on a positive note despite the absence of injured stars Tim Duncan with a sore left knee and Argentine Manu Ginobili due to a left hamstring tightness.
Montenegrin Nikola Pekovic had 21 points with 10 rebounds, while Derrick Williams contributed 15 and 12, respectively for Minnesota (18-28), which has dropped 13 of its last 15 games. Spaniard Ricky Rubio finished with nine points and 11 assists.
- LeBron James scored 32 points, Dwyane Wade added 31 and the defending NBA Champion Miami Heat moved to 20-3 at home after beating the Houston Rockets, who were led by James Harden’s 36 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists.
- Kevin Durant scored 25 points, Russell Westbrook added 22 and the Oklahoma City Thunder rolled the visiting Golden State Warriors 119-98.
- John Wall had 21 points, Trevor Ariza added 20 and the Washington Wizards snapped the New York Knicks’ five-game winning streak, with their first victory in 11 meetings in the series despite Carmelo Anthony’s game-high 31 points.
- Eric Bledsoe poured in a career-high 27 points, DeAndre Jordan had 13 with 14 rebounds and the short-handed Los Angeles Clippers stopped their three-game slide while handing the Orlando Magic its 11th straight defeat, 86-76.
The Clippers improved to 2-3 on their seven-game road trip without injured All-Stars Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and top reserve Jordan Crawford.
- Boston Celtics 99, Toronto Raptors 95: Kevin Garnett collected a season-high 27 points with 10 rebounds, and the visiting Boston Celtics trimmed the Toronto Raptors to move to 5-0 since losing
All-Star guard Rajon Rondo to a season-ending knee injury.
Rudy Gay paced the Raptors with 25 points and 12 rebounds. Italian sharpshooter Andrea Bargnani netted 13 points after sitting out 26 games with a torn ligament in his right elbow.
- In other games: The Cleveland Cavaliers crushed the visiting Charlotte Bobcats 122-95; the visiting Indiana Pacers pounded the Philadelphia 76ers 88-69; the visiting Brooklyn Nets clipped the Detroit Pistons 93-90.