Neighbours rescue man from burning house
| Rafidah Jumaat & Yusrin Junaidi |
NEIGHBOURS rescued a man trapped inside his burning house in Kampong Bukit Panggal, Tutong yesterday afternoon.
The victim was asleep and alone in his home when the fire broke out. The victim identified as Haji Tassim bin Haji Abdul Rahman suffered burns to his face and upper body. He was rushed to RIPAS Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
A spokesman for the Fire and Rescue Department said that the neighbours had to forcibly open the grille installed on the house windows and doors to rescue the man.