THE Korean Government is offering the “2015 Korean Government Scholarship Programme for International Students Enrolled in Graduate Programmes” to Brunei nationals interested in furthering their studies in Korea, according to a press release from the Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
The Global Korea Scholarship programme is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students with the aim of promoting international exchange in education as well as friendship among the participating countries.
Scholarship benefits include exemption of en-trance and tuition fees, language training fees, return air tickets to and from Korea, as well as monthly allowances and medical insurances.
The scholarship offers two types of degree courses – Master’s degree programme – one-year Korean language course plus 2 years, and the Doctoral degree programme – one-year Korean language course plus 3 years.
Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programmes in the University Information section provided by participating universities.
Applicants should meet the scholarship’s full requirements while completed application forms must be submitted via e-mail to the Korean Embassy (email@example.com) by March 20.
Among the requirements are:
– The applicants and his/her parents must have foreign citizenship (not Korean)
– Applicants should be in good health – both mentally and physically – to stay in Korea for an extended period of time
– Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2015 (born after September 1, 1975)
– Applicants must maintain grades/marks/scores of 80 per cent or higher from the previously attended institution
– Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31, 2015.
All documents, including transcripts, study plans (research proposals), certificates of lan-guage proficiency (Korean and English), recom-mendations, published papers and awards, will also be evaluated.
The successful candidates will be announced on June 16 this year through www.studyinkorea.go.kr. For further information, contact Feroz Andy at the Korean Embassy (2330248) or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.