KOTA KINABALU(Bernama) – A Lahad Datu General Operations Force (GOF) platoon commander was informed of an intrusion at Kampung Tanduo in Lahad Datu in February last year, about two hours after the intruders arrived at the village.
Inspector Shogghirajan Nagendram, 29, who is Company ‘C’ Platoon Commander 7 of the GOF 17th Battalion, told the High Court yesterday, that about noon on Feb 12, his company commander, ASP Azman Madusin, had called him to the latter’s office where he was informed of the intrusion.
He said Azman told him that a group of intruders had landed at Kampung Tanduo, about two hours earlier. “I was informed by ASP Azman that they (intruders) came by small boats,” said Shogghirajan, the Company ‘C’ Platoon Commander 7 of the GOF 17th Batallion when testifying at the trial of 30 accused charged with various offences in connection with the intrusion.
The accused comprised 27 Filipinos and three local residents. Some are facing multiple charges of being members of a terrorist group or waging war against the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, recruiting members for a terrorist group or willfully harbouring individuals they knew to be members of a terrorist group, allegedly committed between Feb 12 and April 10 last year.
Asked by Deputy Public Prosecutor Ishak Mohd Yusoff if he received any instructions in relation to the intrusion that day, Shogghirajan said about 7pm that evening, Azman instructed him to prepare his men to move to Komtek Felda Sahabat 16 at 7am, the following day.
To a question, he said Company ‘A’ of the GOF 17th Battalion also received the same instruction. He told the court his company and Company ‘A’ arrived at Komtek Felda Sahabat 16 about 9.30am on Feb 13, last year and remained on standby there until they were instructed to move to Check Point 1 of Kampung Tanduo about 4pm that day.