KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama) – The Australian government remains committed to searching for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, its Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) said yesterday.
It also gave the assurance that Australia would continue to work collaboratively with the governments of Malaysia and China in the service of the families of those on board and the wider travelling public.
“We understand that the families of those on board MH370 are experiencing enormous grief, heightened by not knowing the circumstances under which the aircraft disappeared.
“Providing support to those families, particularly at this difficult time, will continue to be a priority,” it said in a statement issued here yesterday. The statement comes in the wake of the Malaysian government declaration yesterday that the missing flight, MH370, had been deemed an accident and that all the 239 passengers and crew on board were presumed dead.
Flight MH370 dropped off radar on March 8 last year as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 227 passengers and 12 crew on board.
A total of 153 of the passengers were Chinese nationals; 38, Malaysians; seven, Indonesians and six, Australians.
The Boeing 777 aircraft has yet to be found, even after an exhaustive search in the southern Indian Ocean where it is believed to have gone down after veering off course.